Our vision is summarised by our mission statement:
“Finding God, Following Jesus, Serving Others – Together”
Following what we believe to be the leading of the Holy Spirit and relying on God’s power, we aim to:
- Glorify God through a united response to his grace and revelation of himself and through being like Christ in holiness and obedience, displaying maturity in the fruit of the Holy Spirit and in our use of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Accept corporate responsibility to ensure that each other’s spiritual, emotional and practical needs are met.
- Communicate the truth of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, and that knowing God through Jesus Christ is good news; to demonstrate what Jesus means to us and provide opportunities for others to respond in repentance and faith and so become members of the body of Christ.
- Enable people of all ages to experience loving relationships through which they may come to know God through Jesus Christ and thus realise their full potential.
- Recognise the particular needs of older people and ensure that they are cared for in body, mind and spirit.
- Be involved in the community in order to show God’s love, in commitment to a shared vision and in co-operation with others where appropriate.
- Work with people beyond Bishop Auckland to facilitate mutual growth towards wholeness in Christ.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently within the church and the community.
- Administrate the life of the church effectively and efficiently.
- Utilise premises which facilitate our vision.
- Become equipped to fulfil our vision.